Hot Rod Forum banner

700 r4 stall converter? 27 or 30 spline?

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  brownk2010 
#1 ·
Okay im getting ready to put in a motor that i bought about 4 months ago ive been saveing money putting little by little in to it .
First off i dont know the size of the cam but i was told it was an isky racing cam 5 times larger than stock. without tearing back apart the motor to figure out what cam is in it so i can know what stall converter i should get any ideas or pointers i could get as far as what stall to use with my motor.
its a 350 .30 over
port and polished heads to 202 shaved 15thousands edelbrock rpm intake 600 cfm carb electric choke comp cams roller rockers double roller timing 700 r4 trans stock 10 bolt 7.625 rear end single tire fryer 3.24 gears 89 camaro origional v6 converted v8 carb
how can i figure out what spline i need for tc and what would be my best bet for the stall. im looking and b&m holeshot 2300- 2500 stall. is this too much for me ?
if it helps to know im useing the car as my daily driver currently and it has a cammed 305 which is quite doggy with the stock stall
any advice and help would greatly be apreciated

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.