Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 700r slipping rev and no 3-4 check ball question
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 01:29 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

700r slipping rev and no 3-4 check ball question

hi me and my dad are rebuilding the 700r in my 92 olds station wagon we rebuilt the 400 in our suburban and it works just great but this 700 is a maze lol. to my question we were having some issues with the old valve body so i got a tci cpv and it told me to remove all the check balls on the trans side so i did but when i did i put the two it wanted in there, back in the holders it asked but i put one check ball in the 1-2 check ball spot instead of 3-4 clutch right next to it and after putting it together i had a ok reverse then it started going down hill fast and i had to 3rd or im assuming 4rth gear can no check ball there cause this i also had a very high 1-2 shift like 31mph 3.5k rpm shift. could that ball have caused all 3 or should i be looking for another problem? we took it apart again and every set of clutch packs engaged with air and were like brand new, i really want to ride in my olds again ant help would be amazing thanks