700r4 built pressure blew line, fixed now no d/od - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Transmission - Rearend
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2009, 07:33 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

700r4 built pressure blew line, fixed now no d/od

Can anyone help. I just got this k5 jimmy with a new motor. trans. front and rear ends. sat for 5 years since all the new work. I know where it came from so I know the work was done. I serviced the truck and drove it about 50 miles total. Got in it one day drove it down my road about 1/2 mile. pulled out onto the main rd and got up to about 55 mph in 3rd gear. trans line blew. I didn't drive it at all with the line blown. I fixed the line and got the level back to where it should be. Now there is no 3rd or 4th. 1-2 shifts great. I let it sit over night and the next day I check the tv cable and that was fine. but after pulling on the tv about ten time I got in the truck and drove it to see if that maybe cured a stuck tv or not. not it's doesn't come out of 1st. I just dont think you lose gears overnight not running the thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2009, 06:26 PM

Droped the pan and look what I found

I dropped the pan and there was 2 bolts and a clip that are ment to hold the line in place where it goes into the valve body. the other bolt went into the valve body itself. why would the come loose and could this affect the pressure that the trans is suppose to build in order to shift where it should?
Old 04-18-2009, 06:44 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: T-350 rebuild tech
Last journal entry: Bar under the dash
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1659

With parts flopping around loose in the pan , they may cause problems.

Are you talking about the oil transfer tube or other line loose?

Old 04-19-2009, 04:58 AM

It was the oil transfer tube. I was thinking that maybe it was alowing it to come free when the trans built pressure. The other bolt was just one of the valve body bolts. They were just laying there. no damage to the bolts at all. Could that just be a coincidence That those bolts were out and not neccasarily the problem? I'm going to drop the pan again and remove the valve body and clean it. Check the tv to make sure it's not just the plunger moving. This was a very strong, and very well shifting trans befor this line blew. I just dont get it. Must be a bad rebuild...

Recent Transmission - Rearend posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.