Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 700r4 chevy, 200r4 BOP convertion
View Single Post
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 06-26-2008, 09:59 PM
SSedan64's Avatar
SSedan64 SSedan64 is offline
Registered User
Last photo:
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Macon, GA.
Age: 53
Posts: 6,015
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 48 Times in 48 Posts
Originally Posted by Feyr
Hi all and sorry if this sounds newbish,

i have a '86 Grand Prix with a rebuilt chevy 350 sbc in it, the transmission is a 700R4 but it's blown (sticks in 1st gear). i managed to find a 200R4 cheap, but apparently it has the BOP bolt patterns so it doesnt fit (im guessing about the bolt pattern, but i know for a fact it doesnt fit).

i found the TCI 230000 part (http://www.compperformancegroupstore...ct_Code=230000) to convert the BOP to Chevy pattern, do i need to get anything else? throttle cable? i really have no clue here so any help is appreciated

also. the torque converter on the 700R4 is supposedly good, can it be reused on the 200r4?

If your 2004R bellhousing doesn't have 10 bolt holes & 2 larger dowel pin holes it's not the Uni-Bell, BOP & Chevy type. You will need another driveshaft & crosmember from a 78-88 G-body car Malibu, Monte Carlo, Cutlass, Grand Prix, or Regal that came with a TH2004R. The 84 & down TH700R4 had 27 spline input shaft like all TH2004Rs. Late 84 & up TH700R4 changed to 30 spline input shaft so check to see if you can use your Torque convertor. Your TV/ThrottleValve cable & bracket from the TH700R4 will work. 2004Rs came with Chevy only, BOP only and Universal bellhousings. Here's a Pic of the front of a easy to find UniBell 2004R, bottom of page, + other Info.

Last edited by SSedan64; 06-26-2008 at 10:01 PM. Reason: correction
Reply With Quote