Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 700R4 converter lockup/questions
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011, 07:27 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

700R4 converter lockup/questions

I have an 1986 camaro z28 with a 700r4 trans in it with a 2800 stall converter and i believe the previous owner put a monster transmission kit in the trans. Well it was switched to a carb and now theres no computer so now the trans dont go into overdrive. I want to hook up the trans to a switch to manually lock the converter in overdrive, i dont want it to do it automaticly like with that brake switch stuff or vacuum switch, and theres other ways probably. I just wanna flip a switch and the converter locks. Also i read somewhere you can lock the converter in 2nd or 3rd gear.... what would this do? i know you cant lock it up in 1st cause GM designed it that you cant, no oil supply or something like that. Also the trans has a shift kit and all that stuff but maybe its me but to me it dont shift as hard as i thought it would..... its firmer then stock and quicker but not really that firm idk how hard it should shift and also 2nd to 3rd seem like there really close together like barely any rpm change. Sorry for all the questions, this is new to me everything i owned before this was stick. Let me know any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Mark.