Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 700R4 converter lockup/questions
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011, 02:48 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

this is starting to make sense now, the gears in the back are 2.73's factory highway gears with a factory posi, over the winter im switching it too 4.10 or 3.73 with a locker cause the posi stopped working, (too many burnouts from the previous owner) and i want better gearing. 1st to 2nd shift feels pretty good, nice spacing, 2nd to 3rd seems alittle quick some rpm change, and 4th/O.D is barely noticible. i took the car back out and it does go into 4th but i didnt even notice it..... Right now its got an edelbrock carb on it, with the factory gm kick down cable, with the factory kickdown bracket....... over the winter im doing motor work to it and it will be switched to a holley carb. Rear tires are 235/60/R15 on stock Z28 rims. Also this guy did everthing alttle backwards the engine is a 355 with a towing cam in it, which calls for a stock converter not this nice 2800 stall one...... he told me he was going to redo it heads up with a bigger cam in it, but money got tight and he had to sell it.......... so this winter im redoing the engine abd possibly the trans. So theres the whole scoop on the car...........