700r4 fluid pressure test - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Transmission - Rearend
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2011, 11:32 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

700r4 fluid pressure test

I'm wanting to do a pressure test on my 700r but I don't know were to install my gauge . Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2011, 01:03 PM
when will it rain???

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by louis165
I'm wanting to do a pressure test on my 700r but I don't know were to install my gauge . Thanks

on drivers side of the case, in front of the manual linkage.
Old 07-27-2011, 03:59 PM

Last photo:

IDLE
Park 80.
R 120
N 180
4 80
3 80
2 180
1 180
WHEN IN GEAR IT WILL ONLY COME UP ABOUT 10 MORE LBS . IF I PULL THE CABLE ALL THE WAY OUT WHILE IN GEAR AT 1500 RPM IT DOESN'T CHANGE. I PULLED ON IT SEVERALTIMES AND NO CHANGE. ANY IDEAS
Old 07-27-2011, 05:04 PM
when will it rain???

Last photo:

Quote:
IDLE
Park 80.
R 120
N 180
4 80
3 80
2 180
1 180
WHEN IN GEAR IT WILL ONLY COME UP ABOUT 10 MORE LBS . IF I PULL THE CABLE ALL THE WAY OUT WHILE IN GEAR AT 1500 RPM IT DOESN'T CHANGE. I PULLED ON IT SEVERALTIMES AND NO CHANGE. ANY IDEAS
i need more info to help you. is this a rebuilt trans? does it have any modifications to it? what is/was the reason for the pressure check? are there shifting issues?
after looking over your pressure readings, it should have the same pressure in "N" and it does in park.
except for neutral, the rest of your pressure readings look to be ok, id check the boost valve and pressure regulator valve and make sure that they are not stuck or worn out, with the symptoms your explaining.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:35 PM

Last photo:

This is a rebuilt trans p & n are 80 my mistake.the trans was built to hold 400 HP at least that's what I ask for . I have adjusted the tv cable a lot trying to get the shift points at 1 15-20 mph in 1 gear I could only get 12mph .max . So I went to go and run my car in a wrt mile 1 gear hooked 2 gear hooked I shifted to 3rd and it wasn't there I let off and it shifted so I'm trying to save the tranny and my motor. Don't know if this means any thing but when I jacked my car up on drivers. Side the servo cover is leaking pretty good
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnsmith10
i need more info to help you. is this a rebuilt trans? does it have any modifications to it? what is/was the reason for the pressure check? are there shifting issues?
after looking over your pressure readings, it should have the same pressure in "N" and it does in park.
except for neutral, the rest of your pressure readings look to be ok, id check the boost valve and pressure regulator valve and make sure that they are not stuck or worn out, with the symptoms your explaining.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:05 PM
when will it rain???

Last photo:

Quote:
This is a rebuilt trans p & n are 80 my mistake.the trans was built to hold 400 HP at least that's what I ask for . I have adjusted the tv cable a lot trying to get the shift points at 1 15-20 mph in 1 gear I could only get 12mph .max . So I went to go and run my car in a wrt mile 1 gear hooked 2 gear hooked I shifted to 3rd and it wasn't there I let off and it shifted so I'm trying to save the tranny and my motor. Don't know if this means any thing but when I jacked my car up on drivers. Side the servo cover is leaking pretty good
if its neutralizing going into 3rd and there also is no O.D., that leaves 1 of 2 things, either the 3-4 clutch pack is already toast, or it has a problem with the 3rd accumulator that goes in the case behind the 2-4 servo.
odds are with insufficient line rise, that the 3-4 clutches are already toast.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:13 PM

Last photo:

It Only Does It At High Rpms WHEN I SHIFT IT.. It Seems Fine In Normal Driving It Just Shift EARLY . IT DOESN'T REALLY SEEM TO SLIP JUST DOESN'T SEEM TO ENGAGE

Last edited by louis165; 07-27-2011 at 07:31 PM.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:32 PM
when will it rain???

Last photo:

Quote:
It Only Does It At High Rpms . It Seems Fine In Normal Driving It Just Shift Early
you have a problem with the 3-4 clutches from the lack of line rise. like i mentioned before. the 3-4 clutches are probably toast. you need to take it back to whoever built it.
this trans needs to have proper line rise in order for it not to burn it up. the full throttle shifts without enough line pressure rise will burn the trans up.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:44 PM

Last photo:

Thanks For The Help I Was Hoping For A Simple Fix But I Knew Better . I Just Built The Car I Was Ready To Ride . Thanks Again
Old 07-27-2011, 07:47 PM
when will it rain???

Last photo:

Quote:
Thanks For The Help I Was Hoping For A Simple Fix But I Knew Better . I Just Built The Car I Was Ready To Ride . Thanks Again

hey man, i fully understand that feeling. but, look at it this way, wouldnt you rather it be right than to just say itll work for now???
Old 07-27-2011, 08:00 PM

Last photo:

Ya I Want It Wright I Don't Want To Be On The Road And Brake Down I'm Hoping To Make Cruzing The Coast This Year

Recent Transmission - Rearend posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.