Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 700R4 line bias valve and pressure regulator.
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 09:39 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

700R4 line bias valve and pressure regulator.

Hi Guys, I've been doing a lot of research as I prepare to put my 700R4 back together. I read Tony's 700R4 pages and found some interesting points. One thing that Tony talks about is blocking the line bias valve. Apparently, the line bias valve bleeds off line pressure above 1/2 throttle. Blocking it prevents the bleed off and maintains higher line pressure which I would imagine produces faster firmer shifts. I am very interested in this since making sure that the 3-4 clutches don't slip and burn is of great importance to me. My question is, why did GM design this valve into the system to begin with? Is there any down side to disabling it?

One more question I have concerns the pressure regulator valve. My trans had the .500 boost valve already installed. It also had the regulator valve modified by grinding down the valve between line pressure and converter feed. This would create constant flow to the converter(clutch maybe) when it would have normally been closed off. What is the purpose of this? Does it increase flow through the cooler? Thanks in advance for any input.