Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 700R4 line bias valve and pressure regulator.
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 10:41 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: T-350 rebuild tech
Last journal entry: Bar under the dash
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1659

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASE Doc View Post
While Im asking questions, I am also wondering about the 2nd accumulator valve. I understand that this valve has alot to do with 1-2 shift firmness. My trans has always had a bang 1-2 shift at light throttle, ever since it was built 13 years ago. I have worked around this by manually shifting from 1-2 and running the speed up a little. I am wondering what the overall effect might be of changing to a smaller valve. Mine is the largest or letter "B" valve, which is supposed to produce the firmest shift. Would going with a smaller valve cause a slow 1-2 shift at higher speed and throttle opening? If so, this may not be the way I should go since this trans is meant for performance use behind a higher HP motor. Again, any input is appreciated. BTW, I am installing the Superior 2nd servo and the extra wide 2-4 band.
You miss part of the equation in shift firmness.

The 1 - 2 accumulator is the bolt on housing with springs and piston inside. 3 bolts hold it on the case next to the v-body. .. That accumulator may be blocked or broken or very stiff springs inside.

The shift hole in the separator plate may be large diameter from a previous ''repair or rebuild''