Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 700R4 line bias valve and pressure regulator.
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 12:38 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Hello Crosley, Thank yopu for your response. My trans has the .500 TV boost valve in it and I was planning on reusing it. I understand about the 1-2 accumulator spring. My accumulator piston was not stuck, it seems fine. It did have a fairly stiff spring. The spring was actually like none I've seen before. It has 8 turns and it obviously doesn't compress much, which would really limit accum. piston travel. I am planning on trying the stiff brown spring instead. The orifices in the separator plate were drilled larger also. I just read about the accumulator valve size being a possible cause of bang shifting and was curious. I will definitely go with blocking the line bias valve. It makes since that my 1-2 and 2-3 shifts have always been softer above 1/2 throttle.

Now that you have clarified why the regulator valve was modified, I will reuse the modified regulator valve in my new pump.

Now that I'm thinking of it, do you have a suggestion as to what size drill is good for the 2nd clutch orifice in the separator plate? I was thinking of just dropping back to the next smaller bit from where the hole is in the old plate.

Thanks again for you expertise.