Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 700R4 Line Pressure
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 03:37 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

I know my shift kit came with a special check ball when i rebuilt my 200 4r. I will have to go down stairs and look at my book and left over parts and see what i've got. I've got a second one on the tranny stand and have to look and see how it is set up. yep, your right crosley, there is a difference and it even makes note of it in the paperwork i've collected. I have no idea what would happen if you left it that way, but i'd think you would be ok as far as pressure is concerned, but i'd worry about second gear starts and that will cause you some real problems. I think some of the pressures that are recommended you should see, seem a little to high. I run .471 boost and larger low/reverse valves and my max pressure is 175-180 and 225 in low and second. Running down the road in 3rd 4th is 160. anything more than that, i'd have to run a 500 mega valve, and maybe that is what they think everone should be running. So if you haven't dameaged anything, you could just change that and be good.