Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 700R4 Line Pressure
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 05:18 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: T-350 rebuild tech
Last journal entry: Morris update 9-28-2014
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1659

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgar86 View Post
Thanks Crosley, I'll check the cable tonight. I had no idea that the large check ball was a line pressure "fail safe". I did re-install it during rebuild... my question is (if you don't mind) why do think some builders remove this check ball? Would it not provide protection in case the TV cable broke or became disconnected?

Yes the fail safe check ball works well in most situations. When folks started installing the 700 - 4L60 trans in to various applications, geometry of the carb linkage would often be incorrect.

Folks could get a tight cable at WOT , but the minimum setting would be loose on the cable and the trans would go into 'fail safe ' mode.

You may also have a worn TV valve bore in the valve body.. the oil can get behind the valve and move the valve to full apply.

Edgar86 (01-03-2013)