Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 700r4 lost 3rd gear
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 07:33 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Update

I haven't posted anything new on this trans project for quite a while. I've been working to save up the funds for parts. I just ordered the parts last week. The list totalled $1,600. PATC gave me a pretty decent discount which helped get it done. I feel like I've put together a pretty good gear train. I'm going to use the Smart Tech housing, a new pump, the superior servos and and extra wide band with new reverse input drum. I'll post the entire list once the trans is done and I've verified it all works the way I want it to.

I'm still working to put together a good package for my 1-2 upshift. It was harsh at light throttle before. I'm getting a new accumulator valve train from Sonnax that should allow me tune that shift down some. Right now I'm looking for the 700R4 pages that I found here before. I can't remember who wrote them. The article suggested blocking the line bias valve. Has anyone done this? What was the result? It's been suggested that this will produce harder shifts at light throttle. That it would be better to use a stiffer spring than to block the valve. Does anyone have any feedback to offer on this?