Hot Rod Forum banner

700r4 output shaft

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  tnsmith10 
#1 ·
i am rebuilding my 700r4 and have ran into a problem. my output shat will not go all the way in. i am not able to get the snap ring into the groove. the shaft only needs to go in about another half a cm. maybe i have a bearing or thrust washer in the wrong place? anybody with any suggestions, please help.

#2 ·
JTGochenour said:
i am rebuilding my 700r4 and have ran into a problem. my output shat will not go all the way in. i am not able to get the snap ring into the groove. the shaft only needs to go in about another half a cm. maybe i have a bearing or thrust washer in the wrong place? anybody with any suggestions, please help.
its possible that you have a roller washer slip out of place if you have the trans on its side from the front planetary or, if youre not using any assembly lube to hold a plastic washer in position, that could also be the case.
the hub that goes down at the bottom of the case on assembly is also staked and ive seen at times the output shaft doesnt go in all the way by hand and have had to take a rubber mallet to tap it in all the way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.