Hot Rod Forum banner

700R4 Pressure

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Edgar86 
#1 ·
Hi All,

I have a 700r4 in my GMC Jimmy 6.2 Diesel. It has a transmission that was "GM Certified" rebuilt...it has burned the 3-4 clutches twice. The TV cable is adjusted correctly; however pressure is a constant 120 PSI in all forward gears and over 200 PSI in reverse (my gauge only goes to 200). Pressure does not change when the TV cable is pulled or when the engine is accelerated. Any ideas? I'm thinking it's a stuck boost valve? Both times the clutches burned the transmission was under a heavy load...hauling a trailer and when engaged in 4WD while in snow.

#3 ·
as mentioned , look at the inner TV valve on the valve body. It may be stuck or worn out and goes to OEM max line at engine start up.

Since you have higher psi in reverse , that indicates the 2nd boost valve is operating

look at sizes of the boost valves too. You are replacing parts and not fixing the problem as you have now discovered

Reactions: Edgar86
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.