Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 700r4 problems after rebuild
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 08:23 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

The trans is the original one that came with the truck. when I still had tbi it was working but not completely it started loosing third and just before it was suppose to go to third it would rev up and i would let off the gas and then it would go in gear and I could keep going and would also downshift when ever I wanted it to. well I wanted to switch to carb which was an edelbrock and when I done it my factory bracket was to far back at the original spot for the cables to reach the carb so I moved the bracket up a bolt hole and im currently using only one bolt to hold down. After the carb swap it would still down shift and go through all the gears but under full throttle after it was in 4th I belive it started slipping because my rpms would go back and forth a little. once i got the money I ordered the transgo 700 2-3 and a rebuilt kit with new clutches and steels, band, seals, a corvette servo and a .500 boost valve and so on but just before i pulled the trans i messed with my adjustment on the tv cable to see if that what was causing the full throttle slip but I never got to test drive before I pulled it. The rebuild kit came with two sets of valve body gasket and I have aux. vavle body also the transgo kit came with a set of valve body gaskets so I have an extra set. I didnt order the tv cable yet but I ordered the tv cable geometry corrector bracket that goes on the side of the carb from summit last night. [IMG][/IMG]