Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 700r4 problems after rebuild
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 01:53 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Alright I got the trans back together. I had removed the pan and valve body to drill the one hole to the correct size and left the big check ball out and set my tv cable to the correct spot at full throttle the plunger is flush with the valve body. I also check the band and I didnt miss it with the servo pin because when I pushed in on the cover the band moved in but when I checked the tightness on the band it was loose regardless if the cover was pushed in or not so I took the seperator plate off and the band anchor was still in place so I took a magnet and removed the anchor and the hole in the band where the anchor sits in was no where near the hole in the trans where its suppose to sit, so I lined the hole back up and set the anchor in place and check the band and it was snug moved a little though and when I pushed the servo cover in the band got tight and I couldnt move it. I put everything back together and took it for a test drive and I now have all gears and I could feel it shift three different times. I got to add a little more fluid but it was shifting nice I may need atleast a quart. Im gonna do another test drive today and see what it does with the fluid at the correct level. Thanks Jed. Im guessing the band jumped off the anchor when I was moving the trans around or when I was wiggling the drum around.

Last edited by 91chevyss; 05-05-2013 at 01:54 PM. Reason: add d