Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 700r4 removal advice.
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2003, 06:57 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I just did this not to long ago, except i put a Th350 in my car, then i pulled it out and got another one (one that wouldnt blow after a mile) and put it in. Get the car up on 4 jack stands, make sure you have plenty of room, i cannot stress this enough. Then just undo all you shift linkage,kickdown,oil cooler lines,you can even unbolt it from the torque are now to. After that is done you need to support the motor and the tranny with a padded jack. Then go ahead and unolt your 3 torque convertor bolts. Then, make sure you motor is at TDC and pull the distributor....this is so you can tilt the motor back without breaking it. After that is out unbolt your crossmember, and begin taking the bellhousing bolts loose, the top 2 can be a real biatch, you might have to get them with a wrench fromt he top, but most likely you will need about 20" worth of extentions and a wobble socket and come in from under the car. Once you manage to get all the bellhousing bolts, make sure the jack has some pressure on the tranny, and with a good shack is should come loose. Lower the jack and slide her out. Done, good luck.