700r4 speed-O conversion: electronic to mechanical? - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Transmission - Rearend
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2012, 12:29 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

700r4 speed-O conversion: electronic to mechanical?

can i convert the electricronic speedometer of a 799r4 to manual , like is in a turbo 350?

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2012, 06:42 PM

yes use a gear housing from 82 - 85 camaro they game with a gear drive instead of a electronic sensor also 82-87 s10's they also have manuel speedo's
Old 07-12-2012, 10:38 PM

700r4 elec to mechainacle speeometer

i have all the parts to make the conversion from electrialcspeedometer to mechainal but im wondering which way the clip goes in i know that it goese in the first hole towards the front . but from which side does the clip go in if it goes in from the front then the sleve that mates up with the driveshaft will wear crooked againt the plaastic gear on the tail shaft. so im thinking the clip goes in from hte front ? so im asking doese any one know for sure... cuz i had to drive a long wauy to get the parts and i dont want to screw up the gears. or the clip can some one tell me what to do
Old 07-15-2012, 06:52 AM

The little round part of the spring clip points too the front of the tranny push down on the little tab and slide the gear over until it "clicks' making sure it locks in all the way if you aren't sure give it a little tug too make sure it is on securely. As far as which hole it goes in you will have to put the tail housing on look through the hole where the cable hooks up and make sure that the gear is centered in the middle of the hole if it isn't you will have to remove the gear and install the clip in the second hole.

Recent Transmission - Rearend posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.