Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 700R4 Torque Converter Flexplate Question
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2008, 07:25 AM

Last journal entry: 1965/66 Impala body lines.
Wiki Edits: 0

700R4 Torque Converter Flexplate Question

Good thoughts and at first I thought that the plate MIGHT have been on backward, but I've checked it against a 305 I just removed and it looks OK. The crank is a NEW Scat and I'm almost positive that there is no bushing as I came sealed in the box from the supplier. Again as to the cleanliness of the crank, it is brand new. I suppose there is a possibility that the converter had a burr on it as these are all rebuilt items, but I'd hope that B&M would check that out first. At any rate if any of the above situations existed all that would do id to help straighten the flex plate and it would still be bumping the bendix. After posting I found a post from back a while and some responder recommended installing three washers between the converter mounting tabs and the flex plate to allow the converter to engage the front pump drive further and prevent damaging it, but that too would not solve the starter problem. Supposedly there needs to be a spacer there to set the converter back, but I've never fond one on a factory install. Maybe it's time for a tear down?