Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 700r4 trans, will not move
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 10:10 PM
Plan B

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by blwn31
A few dumb questions. Do you have the torque converter installed correctly? When you changed the filter and fluid did you remove the old "O" ring seal that goes on the pick up tube? It doesn't always come out when you remove the old filter. Then you push the new filter in and it falls out. If all is good, put a pressure gauge on the trans main pressure port above the gear shift selector, and see what you got.

Keith
Sorry it took so long to reply. Well.. when I installed the converter it went a little, then after turning it a bit it slid in quite a bit, so much so I almost smacked my fingers. It has a pan that has a drain plug and it looks deeper than stock. the old double o ring came out with the filter. However I am not confident on how well the new filter holds in the tube. How far in the tube should the new o ring go? AND is there anything I can do to help hold the filter in there? If the filter dropped out of the tube would this cause a "no go" in any gear situation?
Brad...aka..soggy