Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 700r4 Vacuum Switch Cycling
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2012, 02:08 PM
68 Camaro Convertible, 327 RS

Wiki Edits: 0

Sure I can do that.

Also, I have made some significant improvements in the circuit. BTW.

One of the things I noticed with this circuit is that the TCC will pretty much lock up as soon as you go ino 4th gear. And that's okay ..no problem...but it does create a sudden drop in rpm ..and I didn't like that.

My goal was to actuall wait 8 seconds after the transmission goes into 4th before TCC lock up...not just to prevent it from hunting. So I have modified the original cirucuit but..it requires soem minor chanes inside the transmission oil pan and it is more complex...but it work exactly the way I want it.

Use the original circuit as is, but if you find that you don't like the idea of it going into TCC lock at the same time as going into 4th, I will send you a new version of the circuit..but no doubt it is more complex.

I'll put a parts list together for the original.

BTW, a 1000 uf cap will probably give you closer to 8 or 10 seconds. But now the physical size of the cap are going to start getting big.

Unfortunately the resistor in the circuit has no significance contribution to the delay time constant. It's only there to prevent too much current going through the Transistor ad supply voltage to teh capacitor.

I will email you the more sophisticated circuit if you wish. Send me a private message.

Cheers!

Vic
The Following User Says Thank You to cadmanof50s For This Useful Post:
kikkegek (07-08-2012)