700r4 Valve body question - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Transmission - Rearend
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2012, 10:50 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

700r4 Valve body question

How's it going guys? I just registered as a member of this site since I usually end up finding the answers to certain questions I have. Well looking and looking I finally couldn't find an answer, so now I have started this topic.

So I had to drop the valve body on my 1985 700r4 to unstick the tv valve. While looking over the valve body I discovered one of the valves just sitting in the body without any springs or anything. I am wondering if this is how it was designed or was it tampered with from a previous owner (I noticed someone had done some messing with the switch wiring inside the pan). The valve I'm talking about is the top one pictured. Going by the pic (Found on the web) it looks to be correct, but I'd rather have someone who knows verify. If it is correct then is there a certain way it has to face upon installation? For instance, big cutout facing up with valve centered in the middle of bore. Also is there suppose to be a ball or something in the smaller cutout of the valve(right side of photo)? Just want to make sure everything is correct before re-installing the valvebody. I appreciate all your input on this matter.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	700r4 valves.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	64973  

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2012, 01:20 AM

Last wiki edit: Transmission identification
Wiki Edits: 85

Can't tell for sure in your picture, but the top one looks like it might be the manual valve. If so, there is no spring as it is moved manually instead of by oil pressure.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:01 PM
owner of Prices Garage

Last photo:

the line bias valve is often blocked with a solid spacer and b and m kits remove a yellow spring from the mtv valve are u putting a spring behind the tv valve its a good thing to do or buy a transgo kit that has a improved tv system
Old 07-08-2012, 11:40 AM

The valve you are talking about sounds like the manual valve I usually block it off so your lock up is either on or off depending on the lock up solenoid , The wiring on the pre 87 had a thermal switch in line that turned the solenoid off when the fluid got over 240f this caused lots of converter problems so there was a update released to bypass and eliminate this switch, that is a factory solution.

Recent Transmission - Rearend posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.