Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 700R4 won't engage in any gear
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2003, 04:56 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Unhappy 700R4 won't engage in any gear

I am hoping someone can give me a clue as to what may have happened to my 700r4. I recently purchased and installed (50 miles or so ago) a "stage2" 700R4 from Bowtie Overdrives (700r4.com) with a 2200rpm stall. I went through all of the installation procedures as BO asked, and all pressures were correct, TV setting etc. The other day, I took the car out and got on it pretty hard. I had only gone about a mile from home, and I downshifted to first and then upshifted to second, full throttle of course, and got a good crisp shift. Then I upshifted to third, and as soon as third engaged, I felt the tranny release as if I had put it in neutral. Now the tranny wont engage in forward or reverse. It does absolutely nothing except produce a light whining noise in any gear, even neutral/park. The fluid is of course still bright red and has no odor as the trans has maybe 50 miles on it tops. The pressures are still as they were at: 100psi at idle 150psi in Drive/Reverse and 280psi full TV. Has anyone had a failure such as this? Any hints would be greatly appreciated.