Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 700r4 won't shift
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 10:37 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

700r4 won't shift

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum, but hope to gain some insight as well as provide any info that I can offer. My issue is with my 85 monte carlo with an aftermarket 700r4 trans. I bought the car from my friend's estate after he passed a couple years ago, but was involved in some of the building of this car before he passed. The engine runs perfect but the car will only run in first and second gear. I haven't had it up to highway speeds yet because the car isn't completed, but I've been in second gear @ 4000 rpms and still no shift. I've read other threads on here about checking the gov and tv cable adjustment, and I was wondering which route I should take first. Some people that I work with also said to check the wiring on the trans because of the electronic overdrive. I don't have any prior experience with any Chevy or any transmissions for that matter, so I could use the advice. Any help will be appreciated.