Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 700r4 won't shift at WOT
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2005, 04:48 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Unhappy 700r4 won't shift at WOT

Hi all,

this is my first post here, although I've been reading for a long time.
I have a problem with my 700r4. After burning up the 3-4 clutches I've read a lot on the web about possible upgrades for my tranny.

I changed the following parts:
Corvette servo
.500 boost valve
transgo TV kit (SK 700-Jr-A)
stiffer acc. springs
B&M TV plunger bushing
opened up a couple holes on the valve body plate (like the transgo paper said)
blocked line bias valve.
alto racing clutches, 9 stack in 3/4 pack
pressure regulator valve 2nd land grinded flat
kevlar 2-4 band

After that the tranny shifted good everywhere but at WOT the tranny never shifted. I want her to shift around 5500rpm but it revs much more. I have to let off the throttle to let it shift. When I push the throttle down again after the shift it will shift back to first.

Then I played with the governor weights and springs and put stiffer springs in it and put more weight on the original weights. But it didn't bring down the shift points. The weights are regular, not corvette parts.
I aslo tried to "adjust" the TV a bit but it had no effect on the high shift points at WOT.

Then I suspected the blocked line bias valve and removed the blocking pin. I left the red stiff transgo spring in it.
Today I checked the shiftpoints and they are still way too high. even with heavier than stock governor weights.

FYI, the original boost valve was only a .393 unit.

Please help me to fix the problem.
Before I changed the parts the shift points were at a normal 4000rpm or so.

Thanks
Alex