Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - '70s cars, under appreciated?
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 01:16 PM
NEVER use credit cards!

Last journal entry: car with tt2's, (stockers going back on)
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

two things, both chevy, basically sum it up.
Second gen camaro, same body for 11 years.
chevy trucks, same body from what 73-89 or something. if my dates are wrong they are close enough. Instead of new cars every couple of years, we got new cars every couple of decades!!! ok, so they changed the front fenders on the second gen. (like they did the 50's pickups in 58). still same basic thing for years. (yes i know they opened up the rear windscreen to in 74, pls see my journal before you start pickin this apart).

big bumpers, plastic interiors, drop in horsepower and the high *** price of gas (reletively speaking of course), coupled with the forementioned lack of change of looks, and oh yeah, that Detroit just started building crap, along with electronic engines that us old carb boobs couldn't understand, with ten tons of vacuum lines,

and, WHAT's TO LIKE? oh yeah, big blocks all but disappeared as well. and although the drop in h.p. wasn't all we thought it was at the time, the average schmoe, like me, didn't realize it for years. and, this thread is certainly NOT about the years 70, 71 and 72.

Last edited by bullheimer; 02-03-2013 at 01:22 PM.