Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/)
-   Interior (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/interior/)
-   -   71 Nova trunk board and carpet (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/71-nova-trunk-board-carpet-230243.html)

biged04 03-02-2013 09:17 PM

71 Nova trunk board and carpet

5 Attachment(s)
heres a simple trunk board I made for a 71 nova, put carpet in the trunk and on the board I used closed cell foam and did the bowtie cutout, added some lil chrome accents, black stripes and a new Nova emblem the owner had, he was thrilled with the outcome...... also installed his headliner, turned out great also

snakebit68 03-02-2013 09:25 PM

trunk board

Bro...that looks so SWEET! Awesome work. I can build an engine and do the mechanical crap...but I dont have the amazing skills to create something like that. Where you located...may need some of your creative genious for some of my projects. VERY NICE!

biged04 03-02-2013 09:41 PM

Thanks dude !!!! but yes, you can..... I do all the building of all my stuff and alot of other peoples stuff, and all this takes is a scrap piece of plywood or osb a yard of vinyl and a yard of closed cell foam some glue and a staple gun...... dont have to sew anything...... draw it out, keep it simple and go for it !!!! even if you mess up you havent wasted maybe 10 bucks worth of vinyl..... use cardboard to make a template for the wood and give it a try....... I have to remind myself of this rule ALOT....lol.....
K.I.S.S. = Keep It Simple Sir or in my case, keep it simple stupid! cause I catch myself going OVERBOARD on stuff alot........lol.... when most of the time, simple works best and is wayyyyyyyy easier.

snakebit68 03-02-2013 09:58 PM

Interior

I sure hope you're creating that stuff for show cars...if not, you're wasting your talent. You made it sound so easy I'm actually going to try and make a bed cover for my S15 with the direction you gave me. Just not sure how you get the design onto the cell foam. Any tips?

biged04 03-02-2013 10:23 PM

draw your design on the closed cell foam, cut it with a razor blade, pull it off the plywood, its easy dude! if I can do it, so can you !...... if I get time tomorrow, maybe I'll make a "how to" for ya so you can see

snakebit68 03-02-2013 11:38 PM

design

That would be great. I think I get the picture. this might be fun! I'm gonna go pick up some supplies tomorrow. Whats the worst that can happen? LOL

DanTwoLakes 03-03-2013 09:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's another way to do it. This is done basically the same way but has a contrasting color for the bowtie, and the bowtie is embedded in the package shelf. This is in a '53 Chevy.

biged04 03-03-2013 12:17 PM

I also did a black bowtie dan, but my sister came by and she was like me, she liked the recessed bowtie and just the black stripes, so thats what we went with, but dans right, it would good with a different colored bowtie, makes it look embossed too...... I have one in my chevelle that the board is black, with red stripes and a red bowtie, but the bowtie is made of plywood and just wrapped and screwed in from the back and the red stripes were sewn in

snakebit68 03-03-2013 12:29 PM

Interior

Dan, Thats sweet too. I'm going to try it myself. You guys make it sound easy enough, but I'll bet it'll take me a little practice to get it right. Lots of areas to practice on though...but if I can get it right it will certainly add value to my ride. Thanks for the great tips.