Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 72 Charger
Thread: 72 Charger
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007, 01:51 PM

Last wiki edit: Building a new shop
Last journal entry: Christmas 2008 came early!!!
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 54

I like it, but I'd like to see the "Charger" logo changed to the same color as the yellow/orange right by the door handle. My suggestions would be: I think if you dump the front marker lights, change the rear spoiler angle, and re-color the badging, you'll nail the perfect car. Unless you try a third gen Monte Carlo. LOL! You might have guessed I'm a bit partial to them...

I had (many years ago) hand-drawn my idea of what the new Monte should have looked like when it came back in '95. I had the more pronounced body curves of the '73-'77s, and the lines of the hood of the '78-80 Montes blended into composite headlights similar to the Cadillacs of today. I also "stole" the taillights of the '70-'72 cars. I wound up with a killer stance (I had the wheels as near to the 4 corners as I could get and not disrupt the body lines), and a product that I felt would really make a huge draw for Monte fans. Instead, GM left us with a product most guys like me are not even "proud" enough to call a Monte Carlo. I'll step off the podium now....

In a while, Chet.