Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 72 VW bus body bid
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 11:40 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: 36 Ford painting
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by novafreek6872 View Post
Work out an agreeable hourly rate with the owner plus materials, then you can't lose. If he doesnt like it he can find someone else.

@dinger, I think California prices and Kentucky prices might be slightly different!!!

Andy
I think Ca. prices would be close to the same, there's a price range for everyone, it depends on the quality you want when the job is done. we don't get a lot of rust here, but a uni-body is a uni-body, start in one spot and it will likely lead you to more...and more...uni-bodies are built on having a body to hold it all together. time and materials is a good way to go, start with one spot, bill the guy, start on the next, bill the guy, etc. you won't get screwed and if he thinks it's too much, take it away. Some cars aren't worth it money wise, most have to be a labor of love or it goes down hill quickly.