Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 74 chevy c10 ignitiont no power PLEASE HELP!
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 01:28 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

so i went back out the next day after leaving the steering coloum on the floor of the truck still wired up and everything, and the next day i went out and i turned the key and everything works perfectly fine, the truck didnt move no body messed around with the wires or anything, i dont know what the hell s going on, the truck just sat there over night and the next day everything was fine, a main wire clip/conecter on the steering coloum from the 79 didnt match up to the one from the 74 truck every other connecter did, but one didnt and i kinda mashed it together and forced it in, so i thought maybe when i slammed the door a connetion got made, so i cut off both connecters and taped the wires together one at a time and wired everything up and put everything back together and it was working perfectly fine now and about 5 hours later i was with my friends and they wanted to see all the lights on the truck light up at night cuz it has 2 lights under the bumper and 5 lights on the roof like a big 18 wheeler, so i went to the back where the truck is and i turned the key forward in the on position and pulled out the light switch to turn on the running lights the lights didnt even get a chance to light up befor the power got cut again, the light up for a split second and now its happend again, i dont under stand this at all, today i unbolted the fuse box to see if there was any back connections or anything beheind it, nope everything looked fine and was connected fine, i looked under the hood and uplugged any wire connetions that i could see and if they were rusted or correted i leaned them up with some sand paper and liquid wrench, i only found one bad connection that was pretty rusted, but i leaned it up and doesnt look like it was the problem, i googled this problem and i found alot of pages about some fusable link somwhere? and my dads friend said somthing about a relay, i dont know what that is or does , any idea's?