Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 74 Chevy Camper Special Weird Option
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2008, 04:32 AM

Last journal entry: 32 Ford cabriolet conversion/windshield
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

59 is correct.

Those are part of an option package that could be added to a camper special. That package is VERY rare, even back in the day.

I can't get the pics to load...hey it's around 6am when the HR site goes goofy

The front fender stuff was a 3 bolt chrome plate that bolted to the rear upper edge of each front fender, then there were 2 chromed "shocks" that came with the kit, to attach to the overhang of the slide-in camper. These were for hiway use only. You could not use them off road, because it would tear up the camper. A bunch of us used to "run the beach" in Rhode Island all thru the 70's. A friend had a 73 with those.

There should be all the option data & RPO codes listed on the label on the glove box door. I'd save anything related to that option besides just the parts & panel cut-outs, including the title, VIN, option list, etc. Might have some good value in the future.

One more very rare option for 73 and perhaps 74 was the FLEETSIDE wooden floor!! I had one in 73

Edit; There should also be 2 small exterior portholes on the outside of each of the bedsides. Then there were 4 brackets that were hand-screwed into those holes for chaining the camper down. Back then there were rumors that those tie downs were not legal in some states because it did not hook to the chassis.

Last edited by F&J; 05-31-2008 at 05:36 AM. Reason: adding