Hot Rod Forum banner

75 firebird question

2K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  87fubar 
#1 · (Edited)
ok heres what i got po took all the powersteering stuff out before i got the car its got the pont 400 factory 80A alt but i got no brackets to mount up the pump ive try'd seaching the net to see if there diff from the comon pump brackets but cant seem to find much info on the 80A set up if any 1 has a good link or pic's would help out alot

or should i just put the 65A comon stuff on it

#2 ·
I think the difference wouldnt be the PS brackets but more likely the spacer for the alternator pivot point wich is also the pivot for the ps pump.
I looked at the 1973 ps pump and brackets I have and that is what Ithink. I could post a pic. Do you have a pic of what you have?

#3 ·
the brackets for the alt has 1 looks like a big c its biger then the 65A bracket. the other is aluminum the only thing that looks to mount to it is the alt an uses 3 bolts in line to the head.i have the 65A set up for the pump but it wont line up with the 80A stuff

an wish i could put pic's up

#7 ·
Here are a few pics. Not sure what aluminum bracket you mean.I dont think the alternators are anything over 63 amp, but I like pictures, they help keep it real.
I think the first pic is a better representation of the setup. The second is too old as I think it is a 65 , the first is a 73

Attachments

#8 · (Edited)
main reason i wanted to keep the stock set up is the po just replaced the 100A alt couple weeks before i got the car

an the aluminum bracket it mounts to the head the lower mounting point of the alt has 2 tabs 1 with just a hole the other a sleave ill see if i can find a pic of that mount on ebay

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.