75 Monte Carlo Interior - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Interior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2011, 01:31 PM
Dave is THAT guy

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

75 Monte Carlo Interior

Me and my bro are going to start restoring the interior of the Monte. We cleaned it out for the 1st time since buying it, and it's in decent shape. The rug was redone at some point, but installed half-***, so we're going to pull it and reinstall, making it smooth. I do have some questions though on the rest of it.

#1 - The seats are black leather and have small tears. Nothing major, and all on seams. Would a place that does upholstry be able to general fix something like that?

#2 - The drivers side swivel doesn't lock in. Figure I'll have to pull the seat to fix it, but is fixing that generally an easy thing to do? Why would it not lock in? The little handle is there and locks, but the seat still swivels then.

#3 - Dash. The dash has a large crack on it. Is there a place that sells dashes? Not finding any

#4 - The seller threw in a spare dash/gauge cluster from another year Monte, that has a tach, and some other more useful stock gauges. However, it's in very bad condition. So I was thinking of pulling the dummy lights (since they're circluar) and adding in some vintage-style gauges. How do you guys feel about that? Any other recommendations for something similar? Trying to keep the interior decently stock looking, but I hate having just a dummy light for coolant temps and oil pressure.

#5 - Back window dash has a crack as well. Any places that sell those as well?

Thanks all!

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2011, 01:55 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Contact adhesive
Last journal entry: 49 Packard
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 22

#1 If it is open at a seam and not cut at a seam it is an easier fix. The seat cover still has to come off and replacing leather can get pricey.

#2 You'll have to pull the seats out to do a decent job of carpet installation anyway, so look at the swivel mechanism then.

#3 Your car is not exactly a classic, so finding any interior parts for it is going to be tough. There are web sites that specialize in Monte Carlos, but I don't know if '75s would be included.

#4 I like the idea of putting gauges in instaed of idiot lights, but that's just my personal opinion.

#5 The package shelf is in the same category as #3. If there's no market for the part, nobody will reproduce it. The good news there is that it probably can be repaired unless it's totally trashed.

No one lives forever, the trick is creating something that will.
Old 06-24-2011, 03:47 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

There is a place called "Just Dashes" that restores dash, deck and door boards
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Recent Interior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.