Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 75 Monte Rear End
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 10:54 AM
Dave is THAT guy

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I wanted to bring this thread back from the dead since it's my thread and I'm expanding on it.

It looks like I want to get the gear swap done. It feels like the car takes too much throttle in order for it to move. Feels like the power is there at the motor but it's not transferring to the wheels like it should be.

So my question is, what would be the best gearing for me? Was recommended 373-410, but what would be good for getting the power down AND still be good on gas mileage? The car will see some track time but it's a street car, so want good driveability. Again, I have a 3500-3800rpm converter.

Next, does having a POSI make a real difference for street cars? Is it worth the extra money?

I'm pretty sure going to have a shop do the install. What I would like to do it drop the rear end before winter gets here, and then get the whole thing powdercoated and cleaned up. Then take it to a shop to get the gears swapped. Do places do that or does the rear have to be on the car in order for a shop to do it?

Thanks in advance!