Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - '76 sbc build , need more head advice
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2008, 09:32 PM

Last journal entry: dash mods
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

'76 sbc build , need more head advice

Thanks, Red.
74 Vette L48 ,2 bolt,piece of crap low CR, but burned out, chirps when shifts, doesn't glue you to the seat when accelerating,gets 25mpg.I drove it until everything went,then I sold it for almost what I paid new.
76 4 bolt truck motor ,487 heads, low CR,with my cam ,intake,headers,I'm saying it should run stronger,A 3:08 isn't that much dif than a 2:73 is it?
The truck motor doesn't pull, doubt it will burn and gets 15mpg and it should be the better motor.
The way it is here,I can't find a SBC in a wrecker.I found a camaros LS motor and trany for $6500 at a wrecker last week.If my motors dying ,it's gotta go.My cheapest opition is my friends motor,but with 10:1, I don't think I want it.A fresh build will be $5000 for a sbc.I'd like a cheaper solution.(dreamer)
My car sat at a hot rod shop for 2 1/2 years.I dragged it home,stripped it back to frame,re-did almost all the shops work in 4 months.I have some body issues and glass to replace,then I'll paint it myself.Once that's done I will not want to take it apart.The other issue is what do I paint on it.I raise pedigree cats(truth,see below).Do you think I'd get thumbs up for flaming cats on the fenders? LOL
Cisco
Kerakterkatz ( character cats )
Maine Coon cats with character
http://kerakterkatz.tubazaar.com