Hot Rod Forum banner

77 Chevy vacuum

3K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  vandal217 
#1 ·
I need a vacuum diagram for a 1977 chevy truck. 454ci. automatic,

#2 ·
I can tell you where it all goes. Which ones are in question?

Your radiator support should have a sticker with the vacuum hose routing, but if it doesn't your chevy parts counter can probably get you that sticker for $1.63.

There is also the Haynes option. Your local parts store probably has the Haynes manual in stock for that truck. $14 should get you what you need from a Haynes.

But if you're just looking for what hoses go where, let me know and I can tell you where they all go.

#3 ·
vacuum 77 chevy

I have a quadrajet carb and hei ignition. I just need to know where on the carb to hook up the vacuum advance and where to hook up the manifold vacuum fitting, Other than that i have everything in order, The reson for the mixup is i have no egr because someone put a plate over the spot where it goes. Thanks bye the way,

#4 ·
Hello

1st off thanks because i,ve had a hard time figuring out all these problems and they are all either vacuum or carburater. Thats just my opinion i'm sure its probably more of your neck of the woods. My carb is a quadrajet, there is no egr valve, the manifold vacuum fitting towards the rear of the manifold is plugged except it still is connected to transmission, my choke vacuum is bare no hose. the pcv valve is routed toi front of the carb, but i'm left with a bunch extra vacuum fittings and a vacuum advance thats most likely in the wrong place. If you feel like typing the basics to me so i can understand what to do with all these extra fittings that would be awsome. My dad put the carb in and says the only vacuum i should need is advance and trasmission and choke but i'm not sure about the choke because the fittings are gone from thermostat housing. AnywYS to sum this up i'm not in an area that has to smog and i want this 454 toi run like a big block. Hope to hear back. Thanks again Van

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.