Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 78 g body dropped spindles
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2003, 12:01 PM
406 six speed

Wiki Edits: 0

78 g body dropped spindles

Iordered eibach lowering springs for my 78 malibu wagon.When i installed the springs the back went down 2 inches and the front went down maybe half an inch.I called eibach and they told me that they didnt make springs for this particular application.If they didnt sell em for a 78 wagon how did i buy em for a 78 wagon from summit?I had to cut a coil and a half off the front to even it out.Now im riding on the snubbers and its horrible.
Im thinking i should go with dropped spindles now.So ...i check around and the companies that sell the spindles dont sell them for a 78, they are all 79 and up.Lauren engineering said that all i have to do to use 79 and up spindles is to replace the rotors with 79 and up g body rotors.Im kinda skeptical cuz of the whole eibach ordeal.
If the spindle rotor swap will work thats what ill do.I just wanna make sure that thats all i have to do.I dont wanna end up spendin a million dollars to correct summits problem.