Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 79 C6 detent and band questions...
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012, 03:33 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

So the 1-2 shift sucks but the 2-3 shift is nice and firm. It doesn't seem to get more firm with more gas though for any shift.. It's hard to tell though because it's snowy and icy out so I couldn't just romp on it. The kickdown bolt is too short next to the carb, I'll replace that.

So I used a N code servo and a A code lever. That was stock, the servo is new and the lever is original.

I replaced the accumulator spring with the one in the SK6 kit. I had to measure with a dial caliper to use the correct spring. There was a new set of springs for the pressure booster valve too. I used the recommended single large spring for the group of springs (there where 3 originally IIRC) It also had me drill a hole larger in the seperator plate, my broader instructions said to do the same but then for the all out setup they recommended not enlarging the hole for the firmest shifts. Not REALLY sure what that was suppose to do..

Now for line pressure... I replaced the front pump with a rebuilt one. I did forget to install the gasket on the filter before the valve body.. The DVD I have said it isn't needed but somewhere online I read that it could affect line pressure. What one is true?

I had to use thicker steels in one of my drums (cant remember what one) to tighten the clearance but afterwards they both checked out nice. My final endplay was on the large in but it still seemed within specs.