Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 79 TA: hazard, right turn signal, brake signal out
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2007, 11:06 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

A new turn switch should not be all that pricey----but can be (if tilt) a
ROYAL pita to change

he did change it about a 2 months ago, and to quote myself, the front signals work, all rear lights work, on 79s the whole back lights up when you flip the lights on, and here's a major point, there's a plastic socket wire thing in the trunk, I separated it and tested the incoming end of the wires, the ones that were working ie the main lights and left brake/turn signals had power 12 v and 3v respectively, the one's that were not working ie the right/turn signal brake were dead. Which would clearly indicate to me that the problem lies up front, and in the switch, being that no fuses were blown too, and the grounds are good since all the lights in the rear are on a single ground. I already switched the bulbs from side to side as well, that was the first thing I checked, about 3 months ago I went to town on the sockets cleaning up corrosion.
BOTTOMLINE: this guy screwed up the install of the part, I want him to fix it no charge.