Hot Rod Forum banner

79 Trans Am, hazzard flashers and horn not working...

4K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  vicrod 
#1 ·
Hi everyone. I have a 79 T/A that I'm having some difficulties with. The horn does not honk and the hazzard flashers do not work. I have hooked up a test wire to the horn to the battery, and that makes the horn honk. It sounds like the horn button in the steering wheel makes good solid contact, but to no avail.

WHen I push the flasher button, nothing happens. With the key turned "on" and the flasher button pressed, the turn signals will not work. However, when I pull the flasher button to the off position, the turn signals work correctly. That makes me think the circut is functioning finr, but it's getting no power. All the fuses and wiring look OK.

I've heard that the horn and flashers are wired through the turn signal switch? I know that the lever is somewhat difficult to operate, especially when trying to signal a right turn. Could this be the cause of my problems? Or could it be the fusible link? Really stumped here, and the car won't pass NYS inspection without them both working. Thank you for all responses. Tony C.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.