Hot Rod Forum banner

7th Annual Run What You Brung Reynolds GA Siver Dollar Raceway

3K views 18 replies 5 participants last post by  GAOldsman 
#1 ·
September 29th Nostalgia Drags Reynolds GA

Sept.29 is the date this year for the annual bash @ Silver Dollar Raceway in Reynolds, GA Silver Dollar Raceway - Home . Always a fun time for Run What You Brung Nostalgia Drags, Car Show, and Swap Meet.
It's a laid back fun time on a quarter mile strip that meets NHRA specs, but with rules you can live with and be safe too. No classes, RWYB is the class!
Same for the car show, and there will be T-shirts available for preorder soon and will be announced and priced here on this thread..
The swap meet is about as laid back as the rest, first come first space choice whereever you wanta set up. No fees as yet for swap meet vendors.
Ticket prices; spectator $10, $20 to race for the car and driver. Kids under 12 with adult free.
Camping is welcomed for Saturday night, and the restrooms and porta johns will be open and free. I believe you can get an electric hookup for a fee, if anyone needs that, let me know and I'll check. IIRC, there's an RV dump station also. Sept. 29 is an "off" date for the track and we'll practically have it to ourselves. There will be approx. 30 cars there for tech inspection and test'n tune for the big event the next week a SGMP@Adel,GA. Silver Dollar sends a 30 car "team down there for a shootout for spots later @ Pomona CA.
There may be a few others straggle in but we always have more than enough time to run.
Track gates will open @ noon on Sat. Sept.29/2012. Hope to see you there! Questions welcomed, and we'll get you an answer if we don't have it!

BE THERE! :cool:

See less See more
#3 ·
Bump Again. Georgia is a tad far for me to drive, at least this week...LOL
Maybe you could post some pics of all the fun after its done. Sounds like a real blast. I remember hearing about it from some of the bradenton fla guys when I lived there. Never made it out there though.:(

#13 ·
Rules are very lax compared to most tracks. However there is a tech inspection and it is a NHRA sanctioned track, but as long as you have seat belts, a catch can and a battery hold down you can run whatever unless you run faster than 12:99, then you need a helmet, drive shaft safety loop, roll bar and various other safety equipment pretty much by the rules. Anyway the tech inspection is very lax for this event only due to the nature of the event but they do stress safety and will shut you down if you are leaking anything.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.