Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 80' chevy c10 parking brake problem
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2010, 08:41 AM

Last wiki edit: Wheelbase database Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80chevybigten
I have an 1980 chevy big ten model half ton with a little bit of an issue. I need it to pass a safety inspection. For that my parking brake needs to work. I know what the problem is but not quite sure on how to fix it. on the firewall just above the brights switch and underneath the dash there is a cable that fits into a bracket that sets the parking brake. Right next to the breaker. Right now the cable is not in its bracket. I tried to pull it up with pliers and I got it up a bit more. I got underneath the truck and found the cable and tried to shove it up into the cab and that helped a bit moe as well. I removed the rubber piece on the parking brake pedal so I could raise it higher so the bracket would come closer to the cable and that helped a little. But I need another 1/8 of an inch or so and I cant get it there. Any ideas on what I can do to fix this problem?
Follow the cable backward until you find the adjusting nut. Loosen the nut. Hook the cable to the pedal assembly. Readjust the nut.