Hot Rod Forum banner

80 malibu mirrior

789 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  dgmalibu10 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, just a question, puting my drivers side mirrior on i noticed every time I tighten the bolts it looks like the mirrior is pulling the metal in, the body work and paint was just done. I tried washers and spacers, as soon as you put a little force on the nut you could see the metal going in. Any ideas would be great, the car is a 80 malibu. Thanks

#2 ·
As I remember there were washers that sat on the studs so that when you tighten the nuts it isn't pulling the mirror down against the door skin. Try that, if these washers are on the stud, even a stack of them, so when the mirror is set on the door these washers on the stud are resting on the door when you tighten the nut it will stop when the nut gets tight against the skin and not pull the body of the mirror pushing the door skin around it. You still need to have it hold the mirror tight so you will need to play a little to get the perfect amount of washers so the mirror is tight, but not leaving enough room for the nut to push up bending the skin of the door.

Brian

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.