Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 81 camaro doesnt stop worth a darn, even with wilwoods
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2012, 09:26 PM

Last journal entry: brakes
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

81 camaro doesnt stop worth a darn, even with wilwoods

so here's what i got: wilwood d52 dual piston calipers(front), wilwood gm metric single piston(rear). new master cylinder bench bled twice, new disc/disc prop valve, new dual diapragm (7" i think)booster, stainless braided lines, new steel line all 'round. lines have been bled seven ways to sunday, pedal goes about 1/4 and gets firm but brakes suck. car stops but i cant for the life of me lock 'em up. they just slide to a stop. i dont know how to check psi on the calipers. i don't know how to measure master bore. the back of it that mates to the booster is about 1 1/2" diameter. my old one was a lil smaller than 2". almost as if the pressure isnt up to par. vacuum is about 20 inches and drops to 13-15 when braking. tried an old overflow tank to act as a vacuum reservoir but without a check valve i don't think it works right. any good ideas out there? i'm kinda broke so i'd rather not gamble on a new master if i dont have to. thanks in advance