81 Chevy truck vs. 82-93 Camaro - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2008, 10:21 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

81 Chevy truck vs. 82-93 Camaro

Im sort of in a predicament right now..
Im building up a 383 stroker(all roller), but idk if i wanna put it in my truck.. Im worried about track time, and all that weight is outrageous for that motor.. I know that i can make it happen, but i just think that i should get one of the camaros that ive wanted for a while.. Ill drop in the 383 and have something light to work with in that situation..
Just asking for info and suggestions.. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2008, 12:03 AM
My 2 cents worth

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrokerBoy383
Im sort of in a predicament right now..
Im building up a 383 stroker(all roller), but idk if i wanna put it in my truck.. Im worried about track time, and all that weight is outrageous for that motor.. I know that i can make it happen, but i just think that i should get one of the camaros that ive wanted for a while.. Ill drop in the 383 and have something light to work with in that situation..
Just asking for info and suggestions.. Thanks
You just answered your own question with your post from yesterday.

"Ill be buying a camaro project to drop a 383 in,, believe me, torque it right and youll lift your car off the ground.. (Street Legal)
Later on you might wanna invest in something larger though"

2 Things to remember!
#1 Please use the Spell Check key before hitting the Post key. #2 Please be careful and don't start a senseless thread.

There is a Wealth of Knowledge within the members of this site that are willing to give Free advice. I am also newer to this site than many of the members and have been working on cars for a living for 36 years. I, like everyone else on this site are willing to reply to truthful Threads, and I am not surprised nobody else has reply-ed to this one.

Think on this/Sleep on this and please be more respectful of all of us on this site.
Old 04-12-2008, 12:11 AM

if you are trying to go drag racing than id say go for the comero but that could be expensive to get one that looks good but on the other hand if your truck looks good then you would already be closer to being done
also another thoucht might be to put the money that you would spend on the comaro into to buing things like a fiber glass parts for your truck like a bed fenders a hood and such
you might want to look into the actual weght of your truck you might be suprised to find out that it is not much heaver than a comaro
for instance my truck is a full size ford and ithas a big block in it 4wheeldrive and large off road tires and it only weghs 4750.lbs by comparisone a 04 cobra weghs 3900 to 4100lbs.
Old 04-12-2008, 12:15 AM
My 2 cents worth

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

By the way where in the heck is Spring?
Old 04-12-2008, 11:20 AM

If its senseless to you, why did you reply??
I was just trying to get opinions about what other people would do, really didn't need you to try to bring me down...

Im not sure if thats what i wanna do, thats why i posted this..
Old 04-12-2008, 12:14 PM
Stroke Meister

Last photo:

Quote:
Why worry about track time? Are going to drive it, race it, or both? Do you mean track time, as in ET? 'That motor'(383), if done correctly, will have no problem moving the truck - likely more easily than any stock motor. What is the truck? How much does it weigh? How much does the Camaro weigh? Want something light? Toss it in an S 10. Carsavvycook is not 'bringing you down', he's merely pointing out your postings and has a valid point. Some people have 'ideas' about things and ask questions pertaining to those ideas. Some people are looking for ideas and ask questions, sort of like fishing, without much thought when posing the questions. Put your cards on the table. If you need input on whether one would be better for you than the other, ask. IMO, it would serve you, and board members, a bit better to have as much information as possible, in the original post. This way, you don't have multiple threads going on, about the same thing, out of sequence etc etc etc, and, you will get a better response by having as much information as possible about what you're looking to do, usage, goals, etc etc etc. JMO

Quote:
By the way where in the heck is Spring?
Between Possum Trot and Monkey's Eyebrow, just down the road from the Rooster Run General Store in Southwest Kentucky - I think. If you pass the big catfish at Al's Diner you went too far. If you want any alcohol you have to go to Paris TN.

Last edited by Stroke; 04-12-2008 at 12:22 PM.
Old 04-12-2008, 12:23 PM
Yada Yada Yada

Last photo:

Obviously the lighter weight camaro would be faster. That being said;
To get the most out the 383's power, in a truck would require a higher rear gear ratio than you would typically use in a camaro like car.

A 150hp nitrous system would more than even the difference in performance.
Anything you would do to reduce weight on the truck is a +++.

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.