Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - '81 Monte Carlo DanTwoLakes Please Help with interior
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 05:26 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

'81 Monte Carlo DanTwoLakes Please Help with interior

I've been reading through the interior threads since I joined and have figured out pretty much what I need to do and what I need to buy. I have a 1981 Monte Carlo and I am going to reupholster the interior with black marine grade vinyl. I have a gallon of the Dap contact adhesive Dan suggests in every thread and a bunch of cheap throw away paint brushes to apply it. I'm making new door panels from scratch using pvc foam as suggested. This is where my first problem comes in, I went to a local sign shop and they said they have Kometex but when they showed it to me it doesn't look how it is described. It has the pvc on the outside, but rather than a foam in the center its a hard plastic like material. They did have another material that the worker was unsure of the name but it had a dense foam in the middle and a very brittle plastic on the outside. It didn't seem to sturdy, more floppy for lack of better words. Please let me know if any of this sounds right or what I should be looking for? Also I'm going to document me interior build in this thread so please stop back with any insight or comments. Thanks in advance -Tim