Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 83 305 4 bbl conversion to 350 w/750 edelbrock
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2012, 05:33 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

hey, Valkyrie5.7, thanks for the reply. The engine came with a new hei distributor that I will use...that engine assembly was originally intended for 78 malibu project that never made it according to the seller. The headers should fit the elco too as I did a search and found the same application for both. Good idea on the search..I will give it shot. I did see some stuff for doing the 400r swap but when I found I had a 6 inch tailshaft and driveshaft mods were required, I decided to abandon that thought. I get so caught up in the search that I find it impossible to find what I really want sometimes and before I know it, it's time to go too bed. I am a cad designer and spend enough time on the computer all day and have little taste for it at home...unless I am having success on one of my searches,,, then I am gung ho. I only accidentally ran across this site the other day, and I am glad I did. I figured I might not get any response but you and others are definitely being helpful. I can relate to the repeating the same stuff over and over again. I have seen a million articles on doing swaps like these but never took the time to read then through as they weren't pertinent to anything I was doing,,,things have changed and I still have all those old mags... I need a clerk to find the articles for me now. If I wait a while the stories may come back around. I;m finding that the 83 camino is an outdated auto that not many carry parts for...I consider it to be a late model...guess I'm showing my age.

66GMC...thanks for the sources....I Presume those are for the 700/200r4 swaps? I'll be sticking to the th350c I think. I'll give napa a call to see if they have something for the lockup converter for me. I'm a little wary of any napa electrical stuff though,,,they do not allow returns of any electrical items.. the last I knew.. so if there's something wrong with it its your tough luck. I learned the hard way with a defective set of points many years ago and never go to them since, except as a last resort. Not that a set of points was breaking the bank...it's just the principal. I don't like to do business with people that don't stand behind what they sell.