Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 83 305 4 bbl conversion to 350 w/750 edelbrock
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2012, 05:48 PM
Get in, sit down, hang on

Last journal entry: Cab Removal
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencely

66GMC...thanks for the sources....I Presume those are for the 700/200r4 swaps? I'll be sticking to the th350c I think. I'll give napa a call to see if they have something for the lockup converter for me. I'm a little wary of any napa electrical stuff though,,,they do not allow returns of any electrical items.. the last I knew.. so if there's something wrong with it its your tough luck. I learned the hard way with a defective set of points many years ago and never go to them since, except as a last resort. Not that a set of points was breaking the bank...it's just the principal. I don't like to do business with people that don't stand behind what they sell.
Hmmm, yeah ... some stores get pretty anal when it comes to the "No return on electrical parts" thing.

It really should read "No return on ELECTRONIC (solid state) parts".
Put it this way ... I wouldn't hassle you on a set of $10.00 points. It's pretty easy to visually check them. If you had installed them, there would be a mark from tightening the screw ... and/or if they were overheated and blue, they'd be your little souvenir, etc.

I had a guy bring back a $150.00 VW ignition coil a couple of months ago ... claiming that he hadn't installed it. It passed the "stink" test, but it had been marked by the coil wire clip. When I 'called' him on that he sheepishly admitted to trying it ... and that it didn't make any difference.

I decided to send it back to NAPA on a "goodwill" claim, and told him that I'd refund his money as long as NAPA deemed it to be in "re-saleable condition". They did, and I did.

Moral of the story? Tell the truth to begin with, and perhaps the counter guy will work WITH you. Respect is a 2-way street.