Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - '84 Chevy Truck Lowering
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2002, 02:15 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

You can use 2" or 3" Spindles, Coils come in 1-3", for the rear you can use shackles & hangers for up to a 4" drop. Or a flip kit of 5-6" drop (depending on kit). If you were to use a block with these trucks you would raise it not lower it. If you want a nice daily driver stance I would go with either a 3-4 or a 4-6 drop. I have a 85 Shortbox with a 6-8 drop and it is lower than what you would be looking for. Choosing your components is totally up to you. Coils are cheaper and will make you handle better, you will have to get an alignment after, this is what would be included in the "econo drop". Spindles will drop you with correct geomentry usually included in the "pro drop". If you want to go fairly low on the back get a flip kit first instead of shackles or hangers, will save you money in the end. IMO buy belltech or DJM both great companies. If you want to do a C-notch like I did then go belltech, much stronger. Anymore questions drop a line. Heres my truck, Http://www.streetsourcemag.com/Profile.aspx?Home=true&Profileid=11870